How to Make Homemade Face Moisturizer Oil
Interested in making homemade face moisturizer, but not sure which ingredients are best for your skin type?
Here are 3 simple steps to help you get started in making a homemade face moisturizer. Start with a simple blend, then add as you learn on what works and what your favorite combinations are.
1. Start with a carrier oil:
- Almond oil – This is my favorite to work with, because it is a great moisturizer for all skin types.
- Avocado Oil – This is a bit heavier and if I am going to be outside , this has a higher SPF rating. I would not recommend this for oily skin.
- Grape Seed Oil – This is good for oily or acne prone skin.
2. Add an additional nutrient rich oil:
- Rosehip Seed Oil – This has a great anti-aging benefits which includes regenerating and firming properties. This is good for dry, normal and aging skin.
- Carrot Seed Oil – This will brighten dull skin, tighten and tone skin. Carrot seed oil is good for all skin types.
- Borage Oil – This oil is high in oleic acids which is especially good for oily, and acne prone skin.
3. Add only a few drops essential oils for individual scents and additional benefits:
- Lavender – A very favorite scent. Healing and calming benefits. Good for all skin types.
- Rose geranium – Wonderful healing oil for normal, dry, sensitive or aging skin types.
- Lemongrass – Benefits include brightening and toning your face. It is perfect for normal, oily, or acne prone skin.
Now mix and create your Homemade Face Moisturizer.
I start with a sterilized 1 or 2 ounce spray bottle for my moisturizer oils. You can use a dropper or a favorite little fancy bottle that you may have saved. Fill your bottle about 2/3 full with the carrier oil of your choice. Add 1/2 of the remaining bottle with a nutrient rich oil. Then add 3 to 7 total drops of essential oils. Next add, a few drops at a time. I check to see if I am happy with the scent and the feel of the oil before adding more. It is best to keep oils in a colored glass bottle out of direct sunlight.
You are finished! Now you can enjoy your new creation of homemade face moisturizer !